I was nominated for the Equestrian Blogger Recognition Award! I want go give a big thanks to Sophie(teamtunnaheventing) for nominating me for this award.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is awarded to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication, and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post.
In order to accept this award, I must nominate 15 other bloggers, that I feel are also deserving of the award. The rules listed are as follows:
- Thank the nominating blogger.
- Respond to the nominating blogger with a link to this post on their blog.
- Write a post about the award.
- Share a story of how and why you started your blog.
- Offer at least two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Pass on the nomination to another 15 bloggers.
It all started with a young girl who had a big dream. Going by “passionforhorse” on every platform except the blog. After blogging as “equestrian” on a norwegian platform for 7 years, I decided to take the leap and make my own platform for blogging – and blogging in english. So 20th of June, I published the very first post on my new blog. I was pretty used to blogging from the norwegian platform, but there, the audience was pretty limited to only norwegians. So going onto my very own blog and blogging for the entire world to see is a big step.
The very day I lauched my new blog, I searched around on Facebook to see if there were any groups where I could post and get in touch with other bloggers – and that is how I joined Equestrian Bloggers on Facebook. I have learned tons in being there, and I have been inspired to blog about different things and being more active in the other medias. So I later made my Facebook page Mathilde Kvernland, for posting news and blog posts as well.
I have no idea where this blog will take me, but I am sure ass hell coming along for the ride!
Advice for New Bloggers
- Get in touch! Find a group, a forum or anything where you can connect and get to know other bloggers. I have learnt so much just by being in contact with fellow bloggers, and it’s a great way to be inspired and inspire others as well!
- Don’t be photo shy! If there is anything I love with a blog, it’s the use of photos to illustrate what you are writing about. Did you lunge your horse today? Get a photo so that your readers can see what you are seeing when you write. We want to know how it is to be you!
The 15 equestrian and pet blogs I have chosen are ones that I personally follow and interact. These people and pets have made a difference in my life and how I run my blog. These bloggers are a support system and an inspiration.